The monsters are a team featured in Madden NFL 2000 - 2004 and Madden NFL 09 - Madden NFL 12. Their special ability is intimidation which covers the buttons of your receivers only on pass plays.
They have a overall of 93 in Madden NFL 09 to Madden NFL 10 and a overall of 96 in Madden NFL 11 and Madden NFL 12. From Madden NFL 2000, they had an overall of 41 and from Madden NFL 2001 to Madden NFL 2004, they had an overall of 74.
Madden NFL 2000 - Madden NFL 2004 Edit
In Madden games from 1999 to 2003, they played at Maddenstein Stadium as the Shadow Gate Monsters from Moldavia, a fictional place and country. Their stadium resembled as a castle-like structure with a stadium capacity of roughly 38,000 and their stadium had a stone-like surface.
Madden NFL 09 - Madden NFL 12 Edit
From Madden NFL 09 to Madden NFL 12, they shared the Champions stadium with the Kickers and the Manipulators. The uniforms changed from a green and dark purple to a yellow and black look.
What Are They Based On Edit
They are based on madden cards that boost QB ratings and defense ratings.
Monsters Bio (Madden NFL 2000 - Madden NFL 2004) Edit
A group of mishappen creatures from one's nightmares gang together to form one of the ugliest teams to play football.
Monsters Bio (Madden NFL 09 - Madden NFL 12) Edit
A team of unknown origins but well known tactics, the Monsters are said to strike fear into their opponents with but a single gesture!
League Championship Message Edit
No one really knows where the Monsters came from...but what teams do know is that they literally strike fear into their opponents. Keep your composure or the Monsters will devour you whole!
Madden NFL 2000: Edit
Home: Green jersey with yellow and white stripes. Pants are light silver with black and blue stripes.
Away: White jersey with green and yellow stripes. Pants are light silver with black and blue stripes.
Madden NFL 2001 - Madden NFL 2004: Edit
Home: Green jerseys, purple pants.
Away: Dark purple jerseys, dark green pants.
Madden NFL 09 - Madden NFL 12: Edit
Home: Yellow jersey with black pants and yellow & black helmets.
Away: White jersey with black pants and white and black helmets.
- From Madden NFL 2000 to Madden NFL 2004, the Monsters do not wear helmets but from Madden NFL 09 to Madden NFL 12, they do.
- From Madden NFL 2001 to Madden NFL 2004, they look like mutated monsters but in Madden NFL 2000 and from Madden NFL 09 to Madden NFL 12, they look like actual human players.
- Between all Madden Games, their uniforms change slightly.
- In Madden NFL 2000, the name of the stadium is Castle Stadium but from Madden NFL 2001 to Madden NFL 2004, the stadium's name is changed to Maddenstein Stadium.
- If Monsters of today (Madden NFL 09 to Madden NFL 12) had their own stadium, it would be most likely called "Intimidation Field."
- From 1999 to 2003, they were known as the Shadow Gate Monsters. But from 2008 to 2011, they could be either the Hidden Valley Monsters or the Mythtropolis Monsters.
- They have the lowest overall of any Madden fantasy team to date.